Thursday 18 December 2014

Photoshoot for my magazine

Front Cover Photo Shoot

Front Cover

For my front cover l wanted a picture to represent the majority of my target audience, so I used myself as the model due to my age, my appearance and my accessibility. Here are a few shots I took for my magazine front cover.
 



 These are the photos I took for my front cover. All these photos are taken with my own camera since l know how to use it and l can get access to it whenever l wish. The  photo on the right is a photo that l took from my own house, the way l took this was by using a timer setting on my camera and placing the camera on a shelf or heightened surface. However as you can see the picture came out blurry, and I presume it was due to the camera automatically taking the photo then having it manually taken. Also l found the lighting was poor and lowered the quality of my photo. So l decided to get a more professional look i'd need to have better lighting, a plain background and someone to manually take the photo. So l got someone to take the photo of me and found it useful because I'd already expressed what kind of photo l wanted to achieve so we could correspond and have a mutual agreement that my image was of good quality, as it would be on the front cover of my magazine and the first thing my audience would see. I didn't have a tripod for my camera so it was took by hand. The photo l chose to put on my magazine cover was the picture on the top left. I chose this because l felt it represented my audience best and the photography was clear and not blurred. I rejected the two photos adjacent to it because personally l didn't feel they'd appeal as much to my target audience and the angles they were taken at weren't as professional as the picture on the left.

Contents Page

For my contents page I used the same procedure as with my front cover however l took the photos myself of the models that were being used in my magazine. But since l took the photos myself l had more preparation to them, so this lowered the amount of photos l took. So in some cases for this photoshoot l only took photos using one take, because l felt happy with the result and felt it'd appeal to my target audience. Here are some examples of this. 

My double page spread

During this period of time, there wasn't anyone available to take the photos for me, so l took them myself using the camera timer. With previous disasters using the camera timer, l was especially careful and made sure it was in focus and the lighting was appropriate. Ensuring this however, wasn't as simple as l imagined it would be and l still ended up with some photos that were more blurred then l intended them to be.

As you can see the lighting in the second one is two bright, and l wasn't happy with the way these images turned out. I didn't think they were good enough quality or that they would be consistent with my house styles. 
The image l went for in the end was...

As l was more confident my makeup and and body language would appeal to my audience more in this photo in comparison with the others. 



No comments:

Post a Comment